Thursday, February 7, 2008

Clearly, I am both a masochist and insane.

I mean, really.

Just last Friday, after not hearing from A since January 10, I decided that I was done with him. So Wednesday, I decided to give his phone one last try before erasing it from my cell for all eternity, and the bloody thing rang. I hung up, of course.

And then he called back.

Granted, he called back at almost 7:30, when I was on my way home from thrift store Renfest shopping with my mom, but he still called. I was busy, so I asked to call him back.

We talked for almost two hours.

I am quite literally gobsmacked. I don't talk to this guy for almost a month, don't see him for over a month, and the next thing I know, we're making plans to meet today at Barnes and Noble.

Unbloodybelieveable.

I mean, I really do care about A, to a point that it actually scares me. When I don't hear from people for a long time, I assume the worst. I'd actually thought A dead until I saw that he still went on Myspace.

But I still love him.

Look, call me a fool or whatever you want, but being able to unawkwardly continue a conversation where you leave off over a month later, well, that's pretty rare in a guy. Hell, that's rare in a girl. My real issue is, though, this sort of thing will probably happen again. A is like me, except where I fake my emotions as to not make people worry, he just doesn't show any at all.

There are three people on this planet that I simply cannot be completely fake around all the time.

He is one of them.

A says that I make him feel confused, and that he really tries to be open with me. He wanted to know if I faked my emotions around him, like I apparently did with everyone else. I couldn't speak very well, as just hearing his voice again had reduced me to tears of relief. I was blubbing whilst on the flipping phone. So I just said no, I didn't. And he believed me.

A told me that he thought that if Sage ever saw him again, she's want to rip his face off. I don't think that's true. I think she'd much prefer to castrate him, not that I said that. I told him that if he approached cautiously with chocolate, she wouldn't attempt to wound him. He asked what kind of chocolate she liked, then wondered why he had. I teased that he liked me enough to try to win me back over through my friends. He didn't dispute it.

I am very happy.

I'm even happy enough to forget that I won't be going to the school-held anime con in Davie, or that I will be working at the Renfest over the weekend of my birthday, and therefore be unable to go anywhere fun like Universal Studios or Pleasure Island. And I still don't know if Sage is having a party for her 18th, so I may not be able to go to Grad Night, either. And I really, really want to go, as I am not going to participate in Senior Skip Day or attend my prom. I just don't see the point in getting all dressed up in clothes I don't want to wear to go and listen to music I don't like with people I don't know. In all truths, I'd much rather attend Sage's prom or go to the beach or something. Maybe spend the night at the bookstore. I don't know, just anything but prom. Mom is being unbearably unreasonable about it, though. She wants to live vicariously through me by dressing me up like a slut and sending me out to cavort around to hideous music.

There is no chance in hell that this shall happen.

Therefore, I must find out if Sage is having a party and if she isn't, I'm getting myself to fucking Grad Night if it kills me.

No comments: