Monday, February 11, 2008

Forsooth and lack a day, my feet freaking hurt!

Ow ow, bloody, buggering owwwww!

I love the Renfest as much as the next person, but I'm really beginning to hate water. See, I work with soda and ice, and one of our coolers has a leak in it, so my boots got soaked through two days in a row. On Sunday, I saran-wrapped my feet, put gloves on them, then when neither of those things worked, said fuck it and went barefoot. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to walk on rocks, but what can you do? Bloody nature.

But I made friends!

My boothmates DJ (Dwayne Junior omgwtfbbqlol), Latoya, Richard, and Lindsey are totally fun. And then there are the rose wenches, Amber (whose catchphrase on Saturday was "Don't look at my vag!") and Cheyenne, the pretzelmen Spencer ("I always wear my kilt the traditional way") and Pine Tree ("Cheapest three holes you ever had!"), the cookie men, the horn girls, Afra, Jonothan the masochist, the wandering hottie, and The Troll. The Troll is neat, and he likes me enough to let me play with the gigantic mallet he carries around. Oh, and the guy that I met once at Sushi Takara that sort of looks like my dad works there too. I'm going to have to learn his name, 'cause he's nice. Also, the guy that walks around in a full sherif's outfit with a Bluetooth in his ear pretending to be security is back! He's actually kinda cool, and he tips every time he buys water.

And then there's Daniel.

I noticed Dan lurking around in a cloak and some eye paint that makes him look like he's in Kiss when I first arrived on Saturday. Late in the afternoon on Sunday, I was in one of those moods that makes me want to go over to scary-looking people and make them look not so scary. So I go up to Dan and start bugging him and we talk and I dance along to the pub sing and holler stuff out so that people will come over and buy things ("Ice cold water! Colder than your wife! Ice cold water!"). Then the pub sing is over and Renfest is done for the day and we're still talking. And then we start discussing musicals, and it all goes downhill from there. Next thing I know, we're hoofing out way through Epiphany from Sweeney Todd as we leave the park and the remaining vendors are looking at us like we're insane and, well, he sort of asked me if I was available.

And I sort of said I was.

Because, I mean, after I was completely stood up by A on Friday, while I really don't want to give up on him, I think we may not be as together as I want us to be. And Dan is really sweet, (he kissed my flipping hand after we waltzed around singing A Little Priest!) even if he is a little kooky. Then again, I'm pretty nuts my own self, so this may be a good thing. But I really, really, really don't want to give up on A because no matter how much of a moron he is sometimes, he understands me. And I still love him a whole lot.

I'm confused.

And my feet really fucking hurt.

No comments: