Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Well, fuck

I got fired on Sunday.

On Saturday, I was put on the lemonade making machine. I hate lemons. I expressed this. And so, I was fired.

Or at least, that's the reason that I was given.

I know the real reason is because I went off to the mud pit after work and hung around with Daniel. Apparently, the rougher crowd of medeival enthusisits hang around there. Apparently, I was in some major danger that made me a security liability, and I was fired thusly. God damn it all, I am so pissed off. Well, at least all this anger is good for my writing skills; I've already written one story and added four pages onto my 'con story.

Oh, I almost forgot, I had a Valentine this year! This makes me happy. Daniel gave me a card and a pouch full of these strawberry sucking candies that I mentioned that I was addicted to all of once. I made him a protective amulet, handmade the chain and everything. It's sweet. A didn't even call on Valentines Day, so I've pretty much given up on him and yet...

I don't know why, but I still really care about him. It hurts my heart like crazy and I can't figure out the reason for it. I think I may have really loved him, and you have no idea how much that scares me. In fact, I seem to remember that he was the first one of us to utter the word love, and the first to refer to me as his girlfriend. I miss him. God, I know that when Sage reads this, she'll tell me to get over him and focus on the present and stop acting like Special K, but I really can't help it. I loved him, and it's going to take a while before I'm back to normal.

Ugh, I just remembered something. Five minutes after I was fired, my mom was up and rambling about how I need to get another job. I know this. And then she starts talking about how I'm going to be managing my money: 20% for leisure spending, 50% goes into savings, and 30% goes into our household.
Um, what? No way, man. This is my money we're talking about. I don't mean to be selfish, but it's mine. We live in crap conditions anyway, and this money is being put away so that I can someday afford to move out and rent my own place. And what the hell is up with the 30%? Fuck that. She's not getting any of my money unless I say so.

No comments: