Monday, December 17, 2007

I think I've found my new muse...and he scares me.

I can hardly turn around these days without running headfirst into some sort of inspiration, and its really starting to wear me out. So, I decided to once and for all find myself a new head muse. Of course, Kodachrome wasn't too happy about it. She's been my head muse for ages and ages, and wasn't exactly willing to give up the top seat, but too bad. Now, my ideal muse these days is male, willing to give me the push I need, and preferrably winged. I looked around my world for something like that, and found nothing. I tried lowering my standards, even to the point of changing my preferred gender. Still, nothing. So I got bored and decided to read some manga. It was there in the pages of Shutterbox volume 4 that I found my answer, my muse.

His name is Thrush Unspindle, he's the Angel of Wasted Life, and he scares the everloving crap out of me.

Strange thing is, he isn't even a muse in the Shutterbox universe; he's the master of banshees in Immiserriah. And yet, he truly inspires me. He is the one who, when you are wasting your time, becomes your owner. But the ones that resist him grow and learn from him. The best things from the worst things, you see. Its just so inspiring, I can't even begin to tell you.
He hasn't even been my muse for an entire day and I've already written a Shutterbox fic/drabble and started a ballad of sorts. Not to mention that I've come up with two new girls for me to torture: the Eternal Gemini, the Eternity Twins Nocturne and Diem. Nocturne is the master of the realm of night, her skin moon-kissed and her hair full of stars, and Diem is the lady of the daylight hours, her body fragile and tanned, hair as soft and pale as clouds. They are Ancients, and the first true children of the Creator. Ha! Take that Christianity! Eheheh, sorry. But really, for the Angel of Wasted Life, Mr. Unspindle (as I've been calling him) has been a big help. I suppose that its only natural that a lazy authoress like myself would be inspired by the very embodiment of the deadly sin Sloth. Oh well, best get back to being mused. Mr. Unspindle has some great ideas on what I should do to round out my Nocturne ballad, after that I just need to start work on the tale of Diem and maybe I could enter both in the literary fair once they're finished...

No comments: